The Little Theater at Valentine Elementary School was a hub of excitement as parents and students viewed the various engineering projects on display during a recent open house and engineering fair.
All students in transitional kindergarten through 5th grade had the opportunity to complete one of three age-appropriate projects.
Students in transitional kindergarten through 1st grade worked on crafting a straw bridge, marble maze or bird’s nest.
Additionally, 2nd– and 3rd-graders constructed a crank elevator, floating quarters or a Plinko game board, while 4th– and 5th-graders were challenged to create a robotic arm, noodle bridge or a marble coaster.
Each student also completed an in-person presentation of their designs for the judges.
“There was a high level of participation and overwhelming number of entries in the engineering fair this year,” said event chair, Pauline Mu Zeitlin.
“We are grateful to the many parents who helped with the judging and other tasks involved in making this special event a success. The creativity and hard work of the students shined through on all their projects,” she added.
Photos by Larissa Althouse
More photos from Valentine Engineering Fair here
- Summer, Kenny and Maddox Chen with Annie Yu
- Fourth grade teachers Kellee Sung, Stephanie Egger, Natalie Badalof and Nicole Kwok
- Jill, Gregory, Benjamin and Karl Von Tiehl
- John, Isaac, Evelyn and Elisabeth Ference
- Jessica, Marloe, Levi and Andy Vaughan Lower
- Aaron, Margaret and Kyle Loh
- Maeve Daugherty and Amelia Groppi
- Yanni, Richard, Hailey and Iris Chau
- Emily Pagano and Lucy Wildeman
- Kim Misek with Grace and Matt Gibson
- Radha and Indra Thumati with Camilla and Eily Sullivan
- Jonathan Chen Shay and Claire Chen
- Aidan Collins, Arthur Gin, Peter Sternberg and Kara Wang
- Nadia and Oliver Tedmori with Andrew Garcia
- Leah, Faye, Sarah and Garrik Kumjian
- Kevin and Austin Chang with Jenny Kao